VETTING AND APPROVAL OF NOMINEES TO VARIOUS COUNTY EXECUTIVE POSITIONS
SIAYA, Monday, 2nd October, 2023
On 8th and 13th September, 2023, H.E the Governor, forwarded to the County Assembly, names of nominees for consideration to various County Executive positions.
Thereafter, on Thursday, 14th September, Speaker George Okode committed the names of the nominees to the relevant Standing and Sectorial Committees for vetting.
The House Committees to which the matters were committed conducted the approval hearings on 27th, 28th, and 29th September, 2023, during which the nominees were vetted.
During a Special Sitting of the House held today, Monday, 2nd October, 2023, the Committees tabled their Reports before the County Assembly for consideration and approval.
Guided by the Reports of the Committees, Members of the County Assembly solidly APPROVED the appointment of the following nominees:-
1. Prof. Jacqueline Adhiambo Oduol – CECM for the Department of Water, Sanitation, Environment, Climate Change and Natural Resources
2. Jactone Ouma Odinga – Chief Officer for the Department of Budgeting and Planning
3. Kevin Okoth Ajuul – Chief Officer for the Department of Energy and Transport
4. Elizabeth Adongo Atieno – Chief Officer for the Department of Agriculture, Food Security, Livestock and Fisheries
5. Judith Oyugi -Chief Officer for the Department of Water and Sanitation
6. Samwel Omondi Owino – Chief Officer for the Department of Health
7. Michael Oliech Ombambo -Chief Officer for the Department of Enterprise and Industrial Development
8. Dr. Nicholas Kut Ochogo – Chief Officer for the Department of Youth, Gender and Social Services
9. Jaqueline Awino K’odero – Member, Siaya Municipality Board
Further, guided by the Report of the Committee on Lands, Physical Planning, and Housing, the House REJECTED the appointment of Fredah Achieng Dholango, a nominee for the position of Member of the Siaya Municipality Board, for failing to meet the requirements of Section 14(6) (e) and (f) of the Urban Areas and Cities (Amendments) Act, 2019 which states that a person shall be qualified for appointment as a Member of the Municipality Board if that person;
(e) Is ordinarily a resident or has a permanent dwelling in the Municipality
(f) Carries on business in the municipality or has lived in the municipality for at least 5 years.
The latest development now paves way for H.E the Governor to formally appoint the approved nominees to the attendant dockets.