The Constitution of Kenya Article 185 provides the primary objectives and functions of the Assembly. These are:
“To be a responsive and an excellent County Assembly in Africa”
“Promoting ideals of devolution, good governance and the rule of law through effective and efficient legislative, oversight and representative functions for the people of Siaya.”
OUR CORE VALUES
- Transparency and Accountability in all undertakings
- Professionalism and Integrity in our operations
- Diligence and Commitment to our constituents
- Respect for the rule of law
- Accommodative and Cooperative with all stakeholders.
- Timeliness in our endeavours
Our official working hours are from 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. on weekdays with a one-hour break between 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m.
- Citizens of Siaya County
- Research and Training Institutions
- Linkage partners
- Industry partners
- Business partners
- The general public
- National Government
- County Governments
- State Corporations
- Trade Unions
- Members of the Fourth Estate
- Be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Quality and prompt services
- Access to information pertaining to Assembly services
- To be listened to
- To complain
We value and appreciate your feedback and use it to monitor and improve our performance.
All requests, complaints, compliments and recommendations relating to Assembly Departments, should first be shared with the relevant department and copied to the Board indicating the following:
- Customers name, and address plus phone number
- Nature of complaint
- Person responsible for action
- Expected action and date as per Assembly policy
We will investigate your concerns and reply within 10 working days of receiving your complaint to inform you of the progress in resolving it.
In case of complaints requiring more than the specified time of action, the Assembly will communicate such delays to the customer within 12 hours before deadline.
Customers who are dissatisfied with action taken by staff can appeal directly to the office of the Clerk. Customers can also make further appeals if still dissatisfied to the Board through the Chair of the County Assembly of Siaya Service Board.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
County Assembly of Siaya,
Tel: 057 5321021/ 0708745148
If you are still not satisfied with intervention provided above,
You may report your complaint to:
The Commission Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Administrative Justice (CAJ)
West End Towers, 2nd Floor Waiyaki Way
P.O. Box 20414, City Square Wetlands, 00200
Tel: +254 020 2270 000, +254 020 2303 000